Today I watched the funeral of the LDS Prophet Gordon B Hinckley. I have had mixed emotions after hearing about his death last sunday. I was really suprised and confused that after hearing he had passed I didn't cry. I thought for sure I would cry since he was the only prophet I remember and that he had meant so much to me these past 10 years. After watching the funeral today I felt at peace and knew I didn't cry because I was happy for him to have had a good life and now return to family and friends in heaven. I am grateful for the opportunities I have had these past 10 years living in Utah to see and hear President Hinckley. I am grateful for his example and his never wavering testimony and dedication to the gospel. I hope that in the time I spend on this earth that I will make a difference even if it is small, like president Hinckley has done in so many peoples lives. I will miss your smile and example but know you are in a wonderful place.
Saturday, February 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment